A Conversation with Ray Bradbury
Answer the following questions as you watch the video “A Conversation with Ray Bradbury.”
- What did Bradbury fall in love with at a young age?
- What has he done every day for 75 years?
- Where did Bradbury write Fahrenheit 451 (specific building and location)?
- What do you think he means when he says that the characters “came to him”?
- Which character in the book does he consider to be himself?
- Near the end (6:32), what does he thank for his life?
- Based on this brief interview, what do you think his worldview might be?
- During the video, Ray Bradbury states, “If you didn’t have books and the ability to read, you couldn’t be part of any civilization. You couldn’t be part of a democracy.” Do you think he’s right? Why or why not?
- Think about the book, Fahrenheit 451, and Mr. Bradbury’s comments, what do you think is one of the themes of the book? List as many as you would like.